Decision status: Recommendations Approved
The Director of Direct Services introduced the report which provided the Committee with an overview of housing performance for a range of services within the remit of the Committee. The report covered the period up to quarter 3 (October - December) of 2022/2023. The first part of the report provides an analysis of the performance, setting this within both the national and local context in which services are delivered. This part of the report also contains a detailed report about the performance of the Repairs and Maintenance Service which includes performance information up to January 2023.
More detailed appendices are included with data showing comparative data from other landlords and regulatory performance. The report allowed the Committee to understand and comment on the performance delivery of housing services to both tenants and citizens.
the Housing Policy Committee:-
1. Notes the Performance Report update provided for up to quarter 3 of 2022/2023.
2. Notes the detailed performance report for the Repairs and Maintenance Service.
3. Highlights any issues of concern that they may wish to discuss in future performance reports.
Reasons for Decision
The Housing Policy Committee has delegated authority to monitor the performance of Housing services to ensure that:
· The service is delivering for tenants, and that tenant satisfaction in closely monitored.
· Limited resources are maximised due to budgetary pressures.
· The Council is delivering on corporate priorities.
· Performance information is shared with external organisations such as the Regulator of Social Housing and the Housing Ombudsman for scrutiny.
Alternatives Considered and Rejected
The Housing Policy Committee has delegated responsibility for the regular monitoring of data including performance and financial information, and the performance monitoring of Housing (public sector, private sector, and related functions) services. Therefore, no alternative options to the production of this report have been considered.
Report author: Janet Sharpe
Publication date: 24/03/2023
Date of decision: 17/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 17/03/2023 - Housing Policy Committee